No products in the basket.
3-day Telehandler training for Novice Operators
- This course would be classed as ‘in-house’ course as we are not an accredited training centre for this training, however the trainer is fully qualified, and the training would be exactly the same as if it were an accredited course.
- This course is run at customers own site
- The course is a 3 day (but possibly 4-day*) course and is for operatives who have not used or have had limited use of operating a Telehandler (*the Trainer would assess the operatives on the first day and would advise whether a fourth day is required)
- There is a max of 3 x operatives per course.
- Successful operatives will receive a Certificate of Training (the HSE recommends refresher training every 3 to 5 years, dependent on the competency & frequency of use of the operator)
The Site Requirements would be:
Telehandler with in-date loler certificate – we can supply this on a days hire, plus transport
Morning – Theory Session
- Room with tables/chairs sufficient to seat the operatives plus the Trainer
- A screen for the Trainer to connect his laptop to, so he can deliver the presentation etc
Afternoon – Practical Session
- A large enough (cordoned) practical area for the Telehandler to move around and move loads with
- Several different loads to pick up; eg pallets etc
- Different heights to pick up loads from and to
Instructions for the day:
The course starts at 8am prompt.
Each delegate must be dressed appropriately for the weather as the practical element of the training session will be outside.
Delegates will also need the following PPE:
- Steel toe cap safety boots
- Hi Viz Jacket / Vest
- Hard Hat
If a delegate does not have the correct PPE, then they may not be allowed to complete the course. We can provide some of the items on the PPE list, but we strongly recommend that you provide your own.
If a delegate has any language barriers/ reading/ writing/ requirements, we must be informed prior to the day of the course, and we will do everything we can to accommodate them.
Each training course has a strict start time, so please aim to arrive at least 5 mins earlier for registration. We know sometimes issues can happen, so if you are running late please call the office as soon as you can 01756 700205. We are open from 7.30am Monday to Friday. If do you arrive late and the course has already started, please be aware that you may be turned away and the course will still be fully chargeable.
Payment is required at the time of booking by Card, however if you prefer to pay by invoice, we can email your invoice but payment is required to confirm your booking.
If you are an account customer, we will invoice on your account after the training has been completed – however certificates cannot be released until full payment has been received.
Certificates and PASMA Card:
After successful completion of the training and after the invoice has been paid, your certificate will be emailed to you and your PASMA card will be posted.
Terms & Conditions:
See our Training Terms and Conditions here.