No products in the basket.
This course is aimed at individuals with previous experience and are not complete novices.
The HSE suggests that training is completed every 3 years.
The course is held at our Training Room in Skipton, and will be completed in the number of days per the above matrix (courses can be held at your site, subject to site provisions – ask for details.
- Introduction to the forklift truck to be used
- Daily Maintenance Checks
- Relevant Legislation and Regulations
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Care of batteries/LPG/Diesel Trucks
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment / Stability Factors
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking at various heights
- Loading and Unloading Procedures
- Safety code testing
- Written test of operating knowledge
- Practical Training
- Practical Assessment of basic operating skills
Important Information & Prices
Please note that if you have any language barriers/reading/writing/ requirements, we must be informed prior to the day of the course and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
Each delegate must be dressed appropriately for the weather as the practical element of the training session will be outside.
Delegates will also need the following PPE
• Steel toe cap safety boots
• Hi Viz Jacket / Vest
• Hard Hat
• Face Covering
If a delegate does not have the correct PPE, then they may not be allowed to complete the course. We can provide all items on the PPE list that are not essential if necessary, but we strongly recommend that you provide your own.
Payments for training courses must take place prior to the course unless you have an account with us. Payment can be made via Debit or Credit card. We also accept BACS payment, please contact the office for more details for this method.
All successful delegates will receive an In-House Certificate. These will be issued to the company who arranges the training and not directly to the delegate. Certificates can only be issued once payment has been received.
A course may be cancelled without charge providing written notice is received within 10 working days prior to course commencement.
– 10 days prior to the course date then there will be no charge.
– 5 to 10 days prior to the course then 50% of the course fee will be charged.
– Less than 5 days before the course start date then 100% of the course fee will be charged.
Each training course has a strict start time, so please aim to arrive at least 10 mins earlier to allow time to register. We know issues can arise, so if you are running late please call the office as soon as you can on 01756 704621. We are open from 7.30am Monday to Friday. If you are late then you may be turned away from the course with 100% of the course fee still being charged.