No products in the basket.
The IPAF Harness Use & Inspection Course delivers a minimum of 4 hours instruction and is designed to instruct up to a maximum of 10 delegates, providing training to safely use harnesses and lanyards when using a range of MEWPS (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms). It also covers skills such as the selection and pre-inspection of the equipment.
Those who successfully complete both the theory and practical sessions will receive an IPAF Certificate that is valid for a period of 5 years. Those who have already successfully completed an IPAF Operator Course can have the Harness category (H) added to the PAL Card, however the expiry date would then mirror the expiry date of the Operator course.
Successful delegates will;
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety Regulations, Guidance and Standards
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height when working from a MEWP.
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard
- Be able to conduct a periodic examination on a MEWP harness and its associated equipment
The course is aimed at individuals that use, supervise or manage the use of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPS) and need to be made aware of the correct selection, inspection and use of safety harnesses to prevent falls.
*In conjunction with our official partner and IPAF Accredited Training Centre; Bolton Hire & Training